Understanding How Science Works
Produced by Nelson Thornes, these materials are designed to support AQA GCSE science specifications. However, they can readily be used with other specifications to support students in their understanding of How Science Works.
Topics covered look at:
• Data analysis and the Big Bang
• Examining the claims made for a cholesterol-reducing food spread
• Experimental design and the decomposition of carbonates
• Testing the effectiveness of disinfectants
• Investigating the expansion of water on freezing
• Examining evidence about global warming
• Looking at data on selection in Peppered moths
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
Resource by: Nelson Thornes