These wide-ranging materials include interactive animations and print-based resources covering various science themes.
The six major resources are:
• Chemwars - an interactive game approach to teaching about reactivity, complete with video clips of the reactions
• Ghost in the machine - guide agents through practical and thinking challenges to exorcise the ghosts and learn about electromagnetic induction
• Generating resources - a selection of activities produced with standard ICT packages that can be customised or used as inspiration to create new resources
• Earth science - a collection of resources to help pupils learn more about earth sciences including video and practical work covering erosion; a template for a pupils' presentation on igneous rocks and software to support learning about seismic events
• Datalogging - a tasty selection of practical cooling curve activities using datalogging to investigate melting chocolate
• Top science - a card game which introduces pupils to the Periodic Table.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.