A collection of resources from the SYCD Primary CD investigating states of matter and the properties of materials.
The major resources are:
• Investigating ice - an investigation into melting ice developed across three age groups, 5-7 years, 7-9 years and 9-11 years.
• Baking bread - a colour photograph of bread making in Peru is the stimulus for children to make and investigate bread, using the worksheets provided.
• Solids, liquids and gases traffic lights - a quick game to aid revision on solids, liquids and gases.
• An A-Z quiz on materials and their properties - a quick and fun revision game to revise science vocabulary for Materials and Their Properties.
• Solids, liquids and gases drama - guidance on how to reinforce the ways in which solids, liquids and gases behave, by getting children to show in movement the molecular structure of each state of matter.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.