BP Educational Service: Young Science Investigators
A selection of lesson plans, activities and teachers' notes for students aged 7-11 from BP Educational Service (BPES). The Young Science Investigators are Beepy, Dev and Kate, who help students to learn about science through engaging, classroom-centred experiments and activities.
The topics covered include include:
• InvestiGATE - looking at how scientists' investigation techniques
• Stepping into science - looking at materials science
• Cool creations: design a tower (design and technology)
• Exciting energy - looking at energy use and conservation in the real world
• Captivating climates - build a mini-greenhouse
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.