Young Science Investigators
A selection of lesson plans, activities and teachers' notes for students aged 7-11 from BP Educational Service (BPES). The Young Science Investigators are Beepy, Dev and Kate, who help students to learn about science through engaging, classroom-centred experiments and activities.
The topics covered include include:
• InvestiGATE - looking at how scientists' investigation techniques
• Stepping into science - looking at materials science
• Cool creations: design a tower (design and technology)
• Exciting energy - looking at energy use and conservation in the real world
• Captivating climates - build a mini-greenhouse
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
Resource by: BP Educational Service