Nuffield Advanced Biology: Practical Activities and Investigations
The work in the Laboratory Guides was of three types.
• Preliminary work aimed to cover possible deficiencies in the students' background and provides reinforcement material for the less able student.
• Main work was within the capacity of the majority of A-level students. The amount of practical work was carefully limited to fit into a reasonable allowance of time.
• Extension work contained broader and more rigorous treatments of some of the main work. It was intended for the more able and advanced student and to provide a range of exercises to choose from.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation
The collection is part of Nuffield Foundation,Penguin Books
- Nuffield Advanced Science: Biology
- Nuffield Advanced Biology: Practical Activities and Investigations