Number Activities in the Classroom - Independant Topics
These five Eigen publications booklets cover a range of very diverse number topics and are completely independent of each other. The topics include patterns on calendars, base 6 arithmetic, quick ‘show me’ activities using numbers to 20 and an overview of multiplication methods
The booklets are independent of each other.
• Calendar numbers contains a collection of activities and investigations based on the number patterns in monthly calendars.
• Base hex develops the number system for Base 6 arithmetic within a context which could fit in with a fantasy / space project.
• Show me provides activities to increase fluency in using numbers up to 20.
• Multiplication methods gives a brief overview of a large variety of multiplication methods.
• 3 x 3 Addition grids provides addition / subtraction problems and puzzles based on a 3x3 grid of numbers.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.