From the Institute of Physics, these documents are designed to be downloaded and viewed as a single module. They form an interactive resource which provides extensive teacher guidance and classroom activities.
Each topic contains a physics narrative, teaching and learning issues and teaching approaches:
• The physics narrative explains the physics of the topic using text, diagrams and video clips and could be used as a resource in the classroom.
• The teaching and learning issues explore some of the student misconceptions and challenges when teaching the topic.
• The teaching approaches describe suggested activities for the classroom, incorporating equipment lists.
This topic covers:
• Seeing with light
• Modelling light with ray diagrams
• Reflection and refraction
The files are contained within a single zip file. For the resource to work interactively, save the zip file to your computer and then unzip the files into one folder.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.