Living Things in their Environment Teachers’ Guide (Ages 5-7)
This Nuffield Primary Science Teachers’ Guide for teaching the Living Things in their Environment topic, to students aged 5-7, is divided into three chapters:
• Chapter 1: Planning - showing how to use the resources to plan a topic and, in the second edition, more guidance on how to implement the SPACE approach
• Chapter 2: Exploring livings things in their environment – 2.1 Habitats; 2.2 Waste and decay; 2.3 Effects of human activity on the environment
• Chapter 3: Assessment - giving examples based on students’ work and showing how to match evidence of achievement with statements of attainment in the National Curriculum.
The second edition Guide includes an index.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation
The resource is part of Nuffield Foundation,Collins Educational
- Nuffield Primary Science
- Nuffield Primary Science for Ages 5-7
- Nuffield Primary Science: Teachers’ Guides (Ages 5-7)
- Living Things in their Environment Teachers’ Guide (Ages 5-7)