Materials Teachers' Guide (Ages 7-12)
This Nuffield Primary Science Teachers’ Guide for teaching the Materials topic, to students aged 7-12, is divided into five chapters:
• Chapter 1: Introduction - covering useful strategies, the SPACE approach and links to the National Curriculum
• Chapter 2: Planning - using the resources to plan topics with students' ideas in mind, the use of ICT and the development of cross-curricula topics.
• Chapter 3: Exploring materials – 3.1 Properties and uses of materials; 3.2 Solids, liquids and gases; 3.3 Changing materials
• Chapter 4: Assessment - examples with ways of matching evidence of students' achievements with the targets of the National Curriculum
• Chapter 5: Background science - explaining the scientific view of the content of the theme.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation
The resource is part of Nuffield Foundation,Collins Educational
- Nuffield Primary Science
- Nuffield Primary Science for Ages 7-12
- Nuffield Primary Science: Teachers’ Guides (Ages 7-12)
- Materials Teachers' Guide (Ages 7-12)