DNA in the Garden
A set of four worksheets from the Biotechnology and Biological Science Research Council (BBSRC) suitable for Key Stage Two (ages 8-11), that explore the science and surprises behind inheritance and DNA. Activities look at:
• Where it all began - word grid based on the work of Gregor Mendel
• DNA size and sequence - where is DNA found?
• Families and friends - sorting and an identification key
• Puttin DNA to work - choosing the right type of grass for different activities
• DNA in the garden - posters illustrating events in the development of ideas on inheritance and DNA
BBSRC is a part of Research Councils UK (RCUK).
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.