Number for the Framework for Teaching Mathematics teacher's book 6
This book from Spectrum Maths by Dave Kirkby has been completely revised to fulfil the number requirements of the Framework for Teaching Mathematics.(1999)
Number: an overview
This number resource for Year Six provides teacher-led activities for the daily maths lesson.
Each lesson features:
• clear number objectives, referenced to the framework;
• suggestions for whole-class introductions and relevant mental strategies;
• key mathematical vocabulary;
• notes for the main lesson, a photocopiable activity or game to support group/pair work, and answers for quick reference;
• developments - ideas for adapting the activity for differentiation and extension;
• a list of materials needed;
• reference to the related individual activity in the workbook or pupil book.
Every teacher's book also includes generic photocopy masters at the back, plus answers to all activities from the relevant workbooks or student book.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.