This collection consists of six different projects or competitions which are part of the Young Engineer project. They consist of:
*Airbus Eggs- design and build an aircraft that incorporates biomimicry to fly a raw quail egg the greatest distance by air, a competition for students aged 7 to 19.
• Club Network Flyer - a support service to help engineering, science and technology clubs for all ages of young people.
• KNEX Young Engineer 2011 - a competition to design and assemble a model using KNEX aimed at students aged 7 to 11.
• Lloyd's Register Educational Trust - a funded package of visits, activities and sightseeing for students aged 16-19 to see modern engineering and its products in action.
• STEM Challenges Flyer- a design and make project for Key Stages Two to Four.
• Young Engineer for Britain 2011 - a competition to create an innovative engineering or technology based project with marketable or commercial appeal for students aged 12 to 19.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.