Nuffield Physics: Guide to Experiments V
This Nuffield Physics Guide to Experiments was designed to supplement Teachers' Guide V by giving details of the class experiments and demonstrations to be done during the fifth year of the Nuffield O-level physics programme.
A special feature of the guides was the very clear, three-dimensional diagrams of the apparatus to be used in the experiments.
Some of the experiments have been republished with modern guidance on the Practical Physics website.
• Circular motion and electrons in orbits: experiments 1 – 26
• Planetary astronomy: experiments 27 – 70
• Simple harmonic motion, Slow A.C., and Waves: experiments 71 – 101
• Interference: experiments 102 – 107
• Diffraction gratings and spectra: experiments 108 – 119
• Radioactivity and atom models: experiments 120 – 136
• Waves and particles: experiments 137 – 147.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.