Nuffield Physics: Guide to Experiments V
This Nuffield Physics Guide to Experiments was designed to supplement Teachers' Guide V by giving details of the class experiments and demonstrations to be done during the fifth year of the Nuffield O-level physics programme.
A special feature of the guides was the very clear, three-dimensional diagrams of the apparatus to be used in the experiments.
Some of the experiments have been republished with modern guidance on the Practical Physics website.
• Circular motion and electrons in orbits: experiments 1 – 26
• Planetary astronomy: experiments 27 – 70
• Simple harmonic motion, Slow A.C., and Waves: experiments 71 – 101
• Interference: experiments 102 – 107
• Diffraction gratings and spectra: experiments 108 – 119
• Radioactivity and atom models: experiments 120 – 136
• Waves and particles: experiments 137 – 147.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation