Revised Nuffield Advanced Physics Students’ Guide 2: Units H to L
Published by the Nuffield Foundation the Revised Nuffield Physics Students Guides were not textbooks.
They included for each unit:
• Summaries - very short accounts giving the most important ideas of each part of the course.
• Readings - short passages which depend on the ideas developed in the unit with questions to help students develop the skill of reading with a purpose.
• Laboratory notes - giving brief notes on most of the experiments and demonstrations suggested for the unit - these were notes, not detailed instructions.
• Home experiments - some of the units included suggestions for practical activities to do at home.
• Questions - a large number and varied range of questions - more than any one student was expected to do while studying the unit.
Unit H: Magnetic fields and a.c.
Unit I: Linear electronics, feedback and control
Unit J: Electromagnetic waves
Unit K: Energy and entropy
Unit L: Waves, particles and atoms
• Answers to selected questions
• Reference material
• Data; formulae and relationships; symbols
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation
The resource is part of Nuffield Foundation,Longman
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Physics
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Physics: Guides for Students and Teachers
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Physics Students’ Guide 2: Units H to L