Money and Measure Activities for Students Aged 5-7
A selection of resources, published by BEAM, for teachers of primary mathematics. It includes challenging problems, puzzles and resources to practise and consolidate students mathematical understanding of money and days of the month.
The activities, with their mathematical content, are:
• Calendar for January - writing dates
• Calendar for February - ordering numbers
• Coin purses - matching coins
• Money box - drawing pictures of coins
• Party planner - costing a party
• Purse of coins - describing coins
• Toy stall - writing prices
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.