Teaching and Learning Mathematics Through ICT
This collection of resources from the National Strategies includes resources for activities and lessons that make effective use of ICT in teaching and learning secondary mathematics. The resources include the use of spreadsheets, programs, dynamic geometry software, graph plotting software, video and internet research. All activities are complete with teachers' notes further ideas and the relevant software or files.
The activities are organised into:
• Mathematical key processes
• Number including place value, Powers of 10, Simplifying fractions, Comparing fractions, Add and subtract fractions, Dividing fractions, Sum and product, Ratio and proportion and Integers, powers and roots
• Algebra including Equations, Formulae, Expressions & identities and Sequences, functions and graphs
• Geometry including Bearings, Rates of change, Compound measures, Areas of triangles, parallelograms, trapeziums and compound shapes, Area and circumference of circles including arcs and sectors, Properties of shapes and angles including symmetry, congruence, transformations and proof, Pythagoras, interior and exterior angles of polygons
• Statistics including Probability, Data problem solving, Handling data problems, Analysing data and correlation
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.