SATIS 8-14: Teacher Book
The SATIS 8-14 Teacher Book was published by the Association for Science Education in Box 1 of the resources from the project. It was called ‘Science Investigations at Key Stage 2’. The book included guidance about the project as a whole. It also featured practical advice on the teaching of investigative science.
What is SATIS?
• A resource, not a course
• How is SATIS 8-14 different?
• How do I use SATIS 8-l4?
• How do I manage the unit?
• How does SATIS relate to the National Curriculum?
• How does SATIS relate to cross-curricular themes?
• What are the other SATIS 8-14 publications?
• What do the logos mean?
• SATIS 8-14 and equal opportunities
• Planning investigations
• Teaching and assessing
• Safety note
• Additional resources
• Box 1 units and the National Curriculum
SATIS 8-14 and science investigations
• The nature of science investigations
• Towards a science process
• The procedural skills
• Asking questions
• Answering questions
• Planning and carrying out experiments
• Recording and analysing results
• Drawing conclusions and communicating
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.