Primary: Introduction to Microbes
Produced by the Health Protection Agency, this e-Bug resource is an introduction to microbes that is suitable for primary aged students. Extensive teacher guidance, stimulus materials and students' activity sheets help to cover topics including:
• The most common types of microbe (bacteria, viruses and fungi).
• Germs as harmful microbes.
• Where microbes are found.
• Some microbes are harmful but many types are helpful.
• Examples of different types of microbes.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.