Eigen Square - Student Challenge Cards
This Eigen resource consists of 50 ‘Challenge Cards’ for children’s use. The cards are in sequences which each focus on a particular way of investigating the Eigen Square with the focus mainly being on two and three digit numbers.
• Challenge cards 1-12 focus in finding which two-digit numbers can be found.
• Challenge cards 13-23 focus on digits forming dominoes on a folded Eigen square.
• Challenge cards 24-25 look at finding three digit numbers with specific properties.
• Challenge cards 26-35 investigates finding horizontal, vertical and diagonal triples with specific properties.
• Challenge cards 36-40 involve folding the Eigen square to find properties (e.g. totals) of 2x2 and 3x3 squares.
• Challenge cards 41-50 contain a range of addition, sum and difference, multiplication, remainder, division and factor games that use the Eigen square as a board.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.