Shape Activity in the Classroom - Books 1 to 7
These Eigen publications booklets focus on the construction of three-dimensional shapes and dissection problems involving two-dimensional shapes.
• The tetrahedron covers a variety of ways of constructing tetrahedrons.
• The octahedron demonstrates a variety of ways of constructing an octahedron.
• Limping seagulls shows an origami construction that can be used as a basic building block to make mathematical solids.
• Cube dissections contains 17 simple nets which can be combined in various ways to make a cube.
• The rectangle provides activities based on dissection of a rectangle to help explore its properties.
• Tangram activities uses the standard ancient Chinese 7-piece tangram to help establish geometrical ideas mainly related to angle.
• Three-piece dissections includes a range of three-piece dissections of simple mathematical shapes which are deceptively challenging.
The booklets are largely independent of each other.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.