Step by Step: Flight Two Level Two
Flight Two Level Two, published by Blackie Chambers, provides the following:
Introduction contains detailed syllabi with the areas covered including a full index.
Teacher guidance for number books contains details of the learning processes and approaches in the areas listed below:
• Place value uses physical representation of hundreds, before progressing to abstract operations.
• Addition uses structured material to achieve a real understanding of what is happening in an addition sum.
• Subtraction introduces subtraction of hundreds, tens and units, before developing calculations which require exchange of tens for units and hundreds for tens.
• Multiplication extends the scope of tens and units multiplication to include products up to 1000 and also introduces hundreds multiplication.
• Division uses apparatus to solve division problems, through the sharing method, before students are introduced to the abstract technique for short division.
• Learning tables extends the student's knowledge of tables from 6 to 10.
• Revision section provides resources to review the topics they have encountered at this level.
Teacher guidance for topic books provides teaching points for:
• Shape studies the nets of solids to raise awareness of the properties of solid shapes in addition to the concepts of two and three dimensions. Types of angles and triangles, and perimeters and symmetry of shapes are introduced.
• Measure includes units on reading a scale and working with length, weight, capacity and area.
• Time raises awareness of intervals of time passing, whether it be years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes or seconds, as well as telling the time.
• Graphs gives suggestions for topics which lend themselves to a class project.
• Sets, pattern and logic contains questions to develop students' ability to describe subsets, using words, and complete 2D grid patterns with two or more variables.
Pupils' number book and Pupils' topic book contain student worksheets and include reference tables detailing the page numbers in the teacher book and the equivalent in the pupil book.
Appendices includes a series of mental arithmetic tests and their answers, as well as a list of the apparatus used throughout the scheme.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Blackie Chambers
The resource is part of Blackie Chambers
- Step by Step
- Step by Step: Flight Two Level Two