Science Focus: Working With Science 3
This student book accompanies the nine teaching units which make up Science Focus: The Salters’ Approach for Year Nine. Working with Science 3 is printed in black and white and can be used in the classroom or laboratory to support, enrich or extend lessons.
Content is arranged as a succession of double-page spreads, each of which is closely linked to a particular activity or lesson in Teacher’s Guide 3. The lesson plans and teaching notes in the Teacher’s Guide 3 give references to the relevant pages of the student books, and these references are shown again with the teaching notes for each activity.
Working with Science 3 is more closely focused on individual learning activities and includes guidance and worksheets for classroom activities. Working with Science 3 will be mainly used in the classroom during lessons, although some spreads may be useful as homework after a lesson to consolidate what has been studied in class.
Student material related to 'wet' activities is all in Working with Science 3, reducing the risks of damage to the colour printed material in Looking into Science 3.
The nine teaching units covered in Working with Science 3 are:
• Green Machine: Photosynthesis and food chains
• Safe as Houses: Forces and structures
• Drinks: Pure water, fizzy drinks and fermentation
• Seeing Stars: Earth, the planets and stars
• Food: An introduction to nutrients and digestion
• Safe Journey: Ideas about speed, time and distance
• Growing Up: Growing and maturing from babies to adults
• Metals: Properties, uses and protection of some metals
• Current Thinking: More about circuits
• World Watch: Science and the environment.
The units are arranged in the same order in this book, Looking into Science 3 and Teacher’s Guide 3.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Heinemann
The resource is part of Heinemann,University of York Science Education Group
- Salters’ Science for Key Stage Three: Science Focus
- Resources to Support Teaching in Year Nine
- Science Focus: Working With Science 3