Science Focus: Working With Science 1
This student book accompanies the seven teaching units which make up Science Focus: The Salters’ Approach for spring and summer terms in Year Seven. Working with Science 1 is printed in black and white and can be used in the classroom or laboratory to support, enrich or extend lessons.
Content is arranged as a succession of double-page spreads, each of which is closely linked to a particular activity or lesson in Teacher’s Guide 1. The lesson plans and teaching notes in the teacher’s guide give references to the relevant pages of the student books, and these references are shown again with the teaching notes for each activity.
Working with Science 1 is more closely focused on individual learning activities and includes guidance and worksheets for classroom activities. Working with Science 1 is designed to be used mainly in the classroom during lessons, although some spreads may be useful as homework after a lesson to consolidate what has been studied in class.
Student material related to 'wet' activities is all in Working with Science 1, reducing the risks of damage to the colour printed material in Looking into Science 1.
The seven teaching units covered in Working with Science 1 are:
• Paper Chain: Making and re-cycling paper
• Out of this World: Space travel, the Moon and other satellites
• Switching On: An introduction to electric circuits
• Skin Deep: Function and care of skin, hair and teeth
• Making Sense of IT: Sensors and logic gates in simple control circuits
• Having Babies: An introduction to human reproduction
• Neighbours: Identification of plant and animal species
The units are arranged in the same order in this book, Looking into Science 1 and Teacher’s Guide 1.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Heinemann
The resource is part of Heinemann,University of York Science Education Group
- Salters’ Science for Key Stage Three: Science Focus
- Resources to Support Teaching in Year Seven
- Science Focus: Working With Science 1