Product Design: Sports Shoes
From CIEC Promoting Science, these activities deal with the different stages of market research, product design, selection of materials and manufacturing processes in the sports shoe industry.
Through a range of activities and practical investigations, students gain a greater understanding of:
• Development of a new sports shoe design
• Analysis of functional requirements
• Materials selection in product design
• Testing materials for soles and uppers
• The use of polyurethane
• Polyurethane autoadhesion
• Making blown polyurethane foam
• Manufacture of sports shoes.
The materials contain full teacher guidance, student notes and activity sheets.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.