Case Studies on Education-Industry Partnerships
From CIEC Promoting Science, this information booklet is useful for those wishing to develop successful partnerships between schools and local science-based industries. It is a collection of papers that describe how different groups have encountered and handled major issues and problems while developing their education-industry programmes. In this way it aims to provide new educators with some insights to setting up industry-education projects.
The case studies include:
• Bringing Industrial Chemistry into the Classroom: The Israeli Experience
• The Chemical Industry Education Centre - a UK industry-education partnership
• Phoenix - science links with the mining and minerals industry in South Africa
• A USA model of industry-academic partnership in the dense urban area of Orange County, California
• A university-industry programme for the development of chemistry in Brazil
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.