Nuffield Advanced Physics in the 1990s
These A-level specifications, published by the Nuffield Foundation, were amended following the introduction of the GCSE in the mid-1980s and the widespread move to double-award courses. The Nuffield Foundation did not carry out a complete revision of the Nuffield Advanced Physics resources but, in 1994, published two supplementary publications to give guidance and support for teachers and students
The Nuffield Advanced Physics syllabus was redrafted to:
• allow for minor changes consequent on the introduction of the National Curriculum, whose first cohort provided the 1996 A-level candidates
• take into account the National Core Physics Curriculum required for the 1996 examinations;
• conform to the format required by the Schools Curriculum and Assessment Authority
• generally tidy up the several previous minor revisions made to the syllabus
• adjust the weightings of components to allow for recent changes in examination papers and the rules for coursework laid down for A-level examinations.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.