Science Co-ordinators' Handbook
The Handbook is designed to guide Science Co-ordinators as they support the development of the science curriculum in their schools. It does this by helping co-ordinators to:
• understand the SPACE approach
• introduce the SPACE approach in their schools
• provide support for colleagues as they adopt the SPACE approach to teaching and learning
• encourage the effective use of the Nuffield Primary Science resources.
The Handbook does this by providing:
• discussion of the underlying philosophy of the SPACE approach
• practical guidance and planning and procedures for work in the classroom
• suggestions for in-service work with colleagues
• responses to questions likely to be asked by colleagues.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.