The Nuffield Primary Science in-service pack was created to introduce teachers to the SPACE approach and its potential for the teaching and learning of science in primary schools. The pack follows the SPACE approach in content and style so that teachers can experience the approach in their own learning. It advocates an active approach to learning through workshop activities and discussions.
The aims of the Nuffield Primary Science in-service pack were to:
• help teachers to develop their expertise in find out and helping children to develop their ideas
• introduce teachers to the Nuffield Primary Science resources.
The pack is divided into four units set out in a common pattern and supported by 23 Overhead Project originals. The four units are:
• Unit 1: The SPACE approach and childrens’ ideas
• Unit 2: Helping children to develop their ideas (part 1)
• Unit 3: Helping children to develop their ideas (part 2)
• Unit 4: Planning and assessment.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.