Revised Nuffield Advanced Chemistry: Mineral Process Chemistry
This was one of the six Special Studies to feature in the Revised Nuffield Advanced Chemistry course. Each student was expected to work through one of the studies in about four weeks. The aim was to show students how chemistry is applied in agriculture, industry, and medicine, and to help them to appreciate that the social and economic aspects of science must be considered.
Purposes of the Special Study
1. To give an overall view of mineral industrial activities, indicating their importance, scope, scale, and limitations.
2. To outline examples of industrial operations and introduce appropriate terminology.
3. To show the need for chemical, physical, technological, economic, political, and environmental considerations in mineral enterprises.
1.1: Mineral enterprises
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.
More like this
Resource by: Nuffield Foundation
The resource is part of Nuffield Foundation,Longman
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Chemistry
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Chemistry: Special Studies
- Revised Nuffield Advanced Chemistry: Mineral Process Chemistry