space:uk - January 2008, Issue 24
From the UK Space Agency, this issue of Space:UK magazine contains news and features on:
• 50 years in space and tracking orbiting spacecraft.
• Upgrading Hubble and the next generation of space observatories.
• Using Devon rock to help prepare for a mission to Mars.
• Europe’s mission to monitor the Earth’s melting ice.
• Gravity, the expanding Universe and space tourism.
• Space traveller’s guide to Uranus.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.