How Cystic Fibrosis Affects the Body
Produced by Nowgen, with support from the Wellcome Trust, this short video clip is an interview with Dr Ceri Harrop, the Public Programmes Manager at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research. Dr Harrop talks with Caitlin, a cystic fibrosis sufferer.
In the video, Dr Harrop explains:
• the causes of cystic fibrosis (CF)
• how mucus in the lungs normally helps to protect the lungs
• how CF causes the build up of mucus in the lungs
• the harmful effects of CF
• some of the current research into CF and its treatment.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.