Cystic Fibrosis: Meet the Health Professionals
Produced by Nowgen, with support from the Wellcome Trust, these short video clips are interviews with two health professionals who work with patients who have cystic fibrosis (CF).
Janice is a CF specialist practioner. She looks after children and young people up to the age of 18. Janice explains:
• the types of patients that she sees
• her job and what that entails
• the national CF screening programme
• the regular therapies that CF sufferers take
• the effects of CF on the digestive system and diet
• the relationship that Janice builds up with her patients and their parents.
Lynsey is a CF Trust patient adviser. She is also a CF sufferer. Lynsey explains her job and also how CF has influenced her life. She talks about:
• creating awareness of CF
• improving care for people with CF
• how CF has affected her life
• the types of treatments she needs to take to manage her CF
• her awareness of gene therapy and its developments
• gene therapy and the future treatment for CF.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.