space:uk - Spring 2012, Issue 34
From the UK Space Agency, this issue of Space:UK magazine contains a variety of news stories and features on:
• Green planet - how space is helping to save one of the world's more valuable resources
• Space, time and LISA - the UK-built mission to invesitgate ripples in space and time
• Free-fall science - the amazing things you can do with science in microgravity
• Ask the experts - looking at animals in space, the size of stars and how long it takes to get to Mars
• Teaching resources - an article about the resource Is anyone out there?
• Made in the UK - a team member from ABSL Power Solutions in Culham, England, explains the company's work producing batteries for spacecraft, satellites and spacewalks.
This issue also includes a pull-out poster of Venus.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.