Workshop 1: Key Stage Four Resources
These resources, provided by the James Dyson Foundation, aim to support the Key Stage Four design and technology and engineering courses.Through a PowerPoint presentation, quiz and activity sheets, students learn about product analysis and successfully designed products. Using disasembly, they learn about design decisions and how to critically analyse the sources used.
The Key Stage Four resources include:
• A planning document for teachers, describing details of the activities, links to objectives and types of assessment
• A product evolution worksheet for students
• A turbine head worksheet for students
• A PowerPoint presentation
• A quiz on the PowerPoint presentation, linking to the disassembly of the turbine head.
The resources are designed to be used alongside the Dyson Foundation Education Box, which is offered on a free loan basis to schools by the Foundation.
HEALTH and SAFETY
Any use of a resource that includes a practical activity must include a risk assessment. Please note that collections may contain ARCHIVE resources, which were developed at a much earlier date. Since that time there have been significant changes in the rules and guidance affecting laboratory practical work. Further information is provided in our Health and Safety guidance.