2011 Technical, Laboratory and Support Staff Annual Conference
9.45am - 3.30pm
The third annual day conference for technical, laboratory, support / IT staff and research staff / PhD students with a teaching commitment. This year's conference will focus on the needs of students from diverse or non-traditional backgrounds, as well as a focus on the way in which academic-related staff are playing an increasingly important role in the delivery of taught sessions and workshops / practicals.
The aim of the conference is to enable staff within these roles to share innovation and good practice, and to enable networking opportunities with colleagues from other settings.
The programme will include two keynote talks, as well as workshops and activities related to supporting learning and teaching in higher education, including:
- Inclusive teaching in higher education - good practice ideas for embracing diversity
- Working with international students - good practice case studies
- Innovative e-learning ideas to support learning, teaching and assessment
- Listening to the "student voice"
- Display and resources area
Use the link below to apply for your place.
Venue: Roehampton University, London SW15
Cost: £55 (free for presenters / workshop organisers / Roehampton staff)