AMET Annual Conference 2011 for New and Established Primary and Secondary ITE Tutors
England (West Midlands)
05.09.2011 - 06.09.2011
The annual conference of the Association of Mathematics Education Teachers (AMET).
Sessions will include:
- the new teaching standards
- Professor Anne Cockburn (UEA) 'Starting with more than zero and the potential to end up with less than nothing' (primary and secondary)
- Realistic Mathematics Education - Making sense of mathematics (primary and secondary)
- Mathematics with on piece of paper: sharing practice (evening)
- Digital technologies session
- Professor Malcolm Swan (Nottingham): 'Enquiry based learning' (secondary)
- Primary research strand (to be finalised)
- Dave Hewitt (Birmingham): 'Grid algebra' (primary and secondary)
The conference is free to attend for anyone who has not attended an AMET conference before and are in their first three years of work in ITE. The fee is £199 for all others.
Venue: Campanile Hotel, Birmingham.