ESERO-UK Conference: Celebrating the use of Space to enrich teaching and learning in the UK
Nationwide, England (South East), England (South West), England (North East), England (North West), England (East Midlands), England (West Midlands), England (Yorkshire & the Humber), England (East of England), England (London), Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
13.09.2012 - 14.09.2012
The UK Space Education Office (ESERO-UK) is holding a conference for organisations throughout the UK that provide support to teachers and students in the use of Space as a context for enriching teaching and learning in schools. Teachers are also welcome to attend.
This conference will be an opportunity to:
• Celebrate the work carried out by many organisations in the UK that promote space as an inspirational context
• Showcase excellent practice and exhibit your own resources
• Share ideas, resources and network with other providers
• Understand the STEM landscape in schools
• Find out how to apply for grants and other forms of support to assist with the development and delivery of activities
• Listen to teachers and understand what they need to enrich teaching and learning of STEM subjects
• Learn about curriculum changes in schools
The conference will be attended by representatives of the UK Space Agency (UKSA), European Space Agency (ESA), Department for Education (DfE), Institute of Physics (IOP), Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), space industry and other key organisations.
Attendance is free and includes a conference dinner on 13 September.
To find out more information and to book your place visit the website.
To keep up to date with the latest conference information use #celebratespace on Twitter