ICME 12 - The 12th International Congress on Mathematical Education
08.07.2012 - 15.07.2012
The International Congress on Mathematical Education (ICME) is held every four years under the auspices of the International Commission on Mathematical Instruction (ICMI). It is, however, planned and organized by separate committees which operate independently of the ICMI: the International Program Committee (IPC) and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC).
The aim of the Congress is to present the current state of and trends in mathematics education research and in the practice of mathematics teaching at all levels. The Congress will gather a broad spectrum of participants such as researchers in mathematics education, teacher trainers, practicing teachers, mathematicians and others interested in mathematics education.
All of the Congress activities will take place at the COEX (Convention & Exhibition Center) in Seoul, Korea. COEX, World Trade Center, 159 Samsung-dong,Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-731, Korea
The objectives of the International Congress on Mathematical Education (ICME) are:
- to show what is happening in mathematics education worldwide, in terms of research as well as teaching practices.
- to inform about the problems of mathematics education around the world
- to learn and benefit from recent advances in mathematics as a discipline.
- to exchange information on the problems of mathematics education around the world.
- to introduce exemplary cases of domestic classrooms (teaching) in mathematics education, which contributes to improvement of mathematics education around the world or vice versa.
- to improve the quality and professionalism of domestic mathematics teachers through introduction of exemplary cases in mathematics education worldwide.