Maths Magic: 'Statistics - misleading or empowering?'
England (North East)
10.00am - 3.00pm
An interactive workshop for those teaching and supporting Maths in the tertiary sector.
The workshop aims to provide participants with opportunities to:
- Take part in enjoyable activities that they can use with their own learners
- Discuss the challenge of engaging reluctant learners
- Share activities from their own classroom practice
- Explore a range of approaches for teaching algebra
- Consider resources available via NCETM, SIGMA, mathcentre, mathtutor and the National STEM Centre portals.
Events are aimed at any staff in FE or HE who wish to engage mature students.
Venue: Queen's Campus, University of Durham
Cost: Free to attend, with lunch and refreshments provided.
If you would like to attend, please request a booking form and details of the venue from Sian Owen, Lifelong Learning Centre, Level 11 Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT Tel: 01133 437892 Email: email@example.com.