NCETM network event
Nationwide, England (West Midlands)
10.30am - 3.30pm
Are you a mathematics or numeracy Specialist Leader of Education?
An important element of the new NCETM programme is to support teaching schools and SLEs in their role of providing mathematics professional development in its many forms. At a meeting with just the mathematics lead teaching schools earlier this year it was suggested that a further meeting would be valuable - this time involving SLEs - to give colleagues opportunities to share initiatives to date. Subsequent discussions with teaching school colleagues have supported this suggestion, and so a meeting for mathematics SLEs is being held in Birmingham on 22 June 2012 from 10:30 to 15:30.
The meeting aims to offer an opportunity for mathematics SLEs to:
- share their strategies and offers for mathematics CPD;
- learn about the emerging landscape in mathematics and how it might relate to their work;
- learn about support being offered through the NCETM;
- identify further support that might be needed, from other teaching schools or elsewhere;
- form a community of mathematics SLEs.
If you are a mathematics or numeracy SLE, you are invited to attend and contribute to shaping this important agenda.