Prince's Teaching Institute Maths and Art day
9.00am - 3.30pm
A day devoted to Mathematics and Art, focussing on exploring the ways in which Art can not only enhance and engage students in the pursuit of Mathematics, but also how Art has been used throughout history to convey mathematical meaning and support mathematical thinking.
The day is being led by Aishling Ryan from Ark Academy in West London and the day aims to provide delegates with:
- fresh perspectives on Mathematics in the world around us
- practical examples of ways to engage students through construction activities and the links between Mathematics, Art and Architecture
- how D Forms and Slice Forms link with Constructivist art
- an opportunity to learn about the Mathematical Principles of Roman Architecture, the eight-fold Islamic pattern and a tetrahedron net
- exploring the theory and practicalities behind architectural proportion
The day will be relevant for teachers teaching Mathematics at all Key Stages.
Cost: £195 (£145 for PTI Schools Programme Members). Further delegates from the same department will be charged £65 to attend.
Venue: The Royal Institute of British Architects, Portland Place, London.