Science of Tomorrow
England (South East)
10.00am - 3.15pm
A free conference for sixth form students offered by Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford.
- CSI Chelmsford - Discover how cutting-edge forensic techniques enable police forces to detect crimes and see if you have what it takes to be a crime scene investigator.
- Green Wheels - See the university's folding bike made from natural materials and learn about the design methods, materials and technologies used to turn concept into reality.
- Take a 3D tour of the campus - Use state of the art 3D technology to take a tour of the University campus without leaving your seat!
- Develop your own social network - Discover the tools programmers use to build the social networks that we all use and get a chance to build your own live social network to show your friends.
- Star Trek - myth, mystery or maybe - delve into the future of sight - Learn about common eye conditions and use your imagination to design space-age ways to overcome them.
- Diagnosing diseases - Take an interactive walk through the history and try your hand at disease diagnosis to understand how we'll look at diseases in the future.
- Engineering solutions to medical problems - Learn how the latest engineering technologies are being put to use in hospitals to help improve treatment methods.
Venue: Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford campus.