Meeting and events facilities
The National STEM Centre is housed in a purpose-built, high-tech building, which provides an excellent venue to support the work of our STEM partner organisations.
Facilities include a 291-seat auditorium, meeting and breakout rooms of varying size all with AV equipment, and superb on-site catering and accommodation. A large cloakroom and left-luggage facilities are also available.
At the heart of the National STEM Centre is an extensive library, housing extensive collections of contemporary and archive resources to support teachers and lecturers of STEM subjects. The National STEM Centre library can accomodate up to 30 visitors may browse resource collections comfortably at any one time.
STEM partners are very welcome to contact us with regard to holding meetings and events at the Centre.
The Atrium is an ideal space for networking events and exhibitions. Impressive in size and design, awash with natural daylight and boasting a large circular viewing balcony above, it provides a visually stunning backdrop for any event.
The Atrium comes equipped with multiple power points and plasma screens, providing exceptional branding opportunities for maximum impact.
- Atrium (for drinks / buffet reception): 250 people
- Atrium (as an exhibition space): 100 people
The two lecture theatres are very popular venues for larger meetings and events. They are divided by a soundproof screen and may thus be booked individually, or alternatively the screen is easily removed in order to provide a single, much larger auditorium.
Both lecture theatres have two large screens, projector, PC and lectern, and fixed, roving and lapel microphones. The presenter is able to control all the audio visual equipment and lighting from the podium.
Lecture Theatre One also benefits from concertina style seating that can be pushed back to produce a large flat-floor space for a cabaret-style layout.
Lecture Theatre Two makes the most of the partition wall with large white boards stretching across the width of the room.
- Lecture Theatres One & Two combined (theatre-style layout only): 291 people
- Lecture Theatre One (theatre-style layout): 171 people
- Lecture Theatre One (cabaret-style layout): 100 people
- Lecture Theatre Two (theatre-style layout only): 119 people
Teaching rooms and seminar rooms
The Centre has five comfortable teaching rooms and four seminar rooms, all furnished to a high standard, and benefiting from full AV facilities.
Our teaching rooms offer excellent meeting spaces for medium-sized meetings, whilst the seminar rooms offer superb breakout areas for smaller numbers.
Two of the teaching rooms and all of the seminar rooms are divided by a soundproof partition that can be removed at any time to create a much larger space, providing conference organisers with extra flexibility.
- Teaching Room One (cabaret-style): 36 people
Teaching Room One (theatre-style): 50 people
- Teaching Room Two (classroom-style): 20 people
- Teaching Room Three (classroom-style): 30 people
- Teaching Room Four (cabaret-style): 30 people
Teaching Room Four (theatre-style): 40 people
- Teaching Room Five (cabaret-style): 30 people
Teaching Room Five (theatre-style): 40 people
- Teaching Rooms Four & Five combined (cabaret-style): 60 people
Teaching Rooms Four & Five combined (theatre-style): 100 people
- Seminar Rooms One to Four (boardroom-style): 16 people
- Two seminar rooms combined (cabaret-style): 30 people
Two seminar rooms combined (theatre-style): 40 people
- Boardroom: 12 people (please note AV facilities are not available in the Boardroom)
Restaurant and catering facilities
Our in-house restaurant provides excellent quality service and food. Catering can also be delivered to any other area within the Centre. Whether it is a breakfast meeting, lunch, formal dinner, buffet, reception or simple sandwich platter, we offer a diverse and imaginative range of seasonal menus.
The restaurant also has AV equipment including a projector, large screen, lectern and PC should you wish to provide a presentation in this area.
- Quarks Restaurant (buffet): 150 people
- Quarks Restaurant (cabaret-style seating): 120 people
We are delighted to be able to offer visitors to the Centre overnight accommodation. Franklin House, conveniently situated adjacent to the Centre building, offers business class accommodation for conference and meeting delegates and also for colleagues visiting the Centre to work with the resource collections.
Each room is equipped with ensuite bathroom, TV, hairdryer, telephone, hospitality tray, and complimentary toiletries.
- Franklin House: 54 single ensuite rooms, 10 double ensuite rooms